Tragedy struck in Emiloju Street area of Agege Local Government in Lagos State on Eid-Kabir day following the deaths of Mr. Mutiu Afolabi and his 7-year-old son, Muhammed, from electrocution.
The deceased lived at N0 21 in the area and had joined other Muslims faithful for the occasion’s prayer in the morning and returned home for the festivity.
A pall of gloom however, descended on the family at around 2.00pm on the fateful day after a neighbour’s child aged 4 raised alarm that four children had been electrocuted at the backyard.
Mr. Afolabi raced to the scene on rescue mission but was also caught in the web, according to Keke Voice, a community newspaper in the area.
The report said he and his son, Muhammed suffered casualty and have been buried according to Islamic rites while two children involved in the tragic incident survived with injuries.