Woman mistakenly kills child with kerosene

0
64

An 18-month baby boy, Israel Buhari, has lost his life after his mother, Mrs. Ata Buhari, thinking it was water gave him kerosene to drink

The incident happened at Iguma Street Off Orewere Street, Medical Stores Road in Egor local government area of Edo State where the bereaved mother sells kerosene.

Read also: Pastor Adelaja, who confessed to multiple adulteries, says sinners deserve help

Report says Israel had cried to his mother that he wanted to drink water.

Unfortunately, his mother gave him kerosene stored in a beverage can thinking it was water. It said the mother realised her mistake when the little the boy immediately spat out the content.

Subsequently she gave him palm oil to drink and rushed him to the hospital. However the damage had been done as the boy later gave up the ghost.

Speaking to newsmen in tears, Mrs. Ata said had containers of beverage with which
she stored kerosene and water kept in her shop, adding that she unknowingly picked the one filled with kerosene when her child complained of thirst.

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day of the week. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news, business, technology and sports.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here