Customer dies after mistakenly drinking insecticide at bar

0
342
OrijoReporter.com, Willie Uyime

A customer at a Chinese lounge and bar on Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, Lagos, Willie Uyime, has died after he mistook an insecticide for water and drank it.

Read also: Student dies at hotel during birthday celebration

Willie who ostensibly had no inkling that death was lurking around, and was at the bar with his friends on Saturday night, according to multiple media’s reports, unknowingly drank insecticide in a container placed on the table in front of him at the bar.

He was said to have thought the content in the container was water and minutes after drinking it started gasping and was rushed to the Randle General Hospital where he was confirmed dead.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Chike Oti confirmed the incident saying, “He visited the Chinese lounge and bar with his friends to drink. The insecticide was inside a bottled water container, so he thought he was drinking water. We are investigating the matter and the bar manager is being questioned.”

 

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here