But on Friday August 28, the 50-year-old, a private security guard at a building in Alako took the new norm too far, wearing it to sleep at his work place in the night after bingeing on local gin better known as Ogogoro, only to be found dead the following morning, the publication wrote.
“He usually removed his face mask before going to bed. But he took some ogogoro late in the evening and was downcast. Those who saw him at the entrance of his apartment asked him to remove the mask on his face and go to bed, but he refused.
”However, he went to bed forgetting to remove his face mask and slept face down. He was probably choked to death by the face mask,” it quoted a source as saying.