HOTEL STAFF ELECTROCUTED WHILE HE WAS ON PHCN POLE TO REPAIR FAULTY ELECTRICAL WIRING

0
640

A staff of Jigawa State owned hotel, Three-Star Hotel has died on Friday night while he was on top of PHCN’s pole to repair faulty electrical wiring.

The deceased, Duguri Muhammad, 20, lived at Zai Quarters in Dutse Local Government Area of Jigawa where the ugly incident happened.

Commandant of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in Jigawa, Mr. Muhammad Gidado confirmed this in Dutse on Saturday.

Gidado said the deceased, who was a member of staff of three Star Hotel, Dutse, got electrocuted when he climbed a pole in an attempt to fix a faulty line to his house.
“As soon as we received the information, we rushed to the scene and took the victim to Rashidi Shekoni Specialist Hospital where he was confirmed dead.

“Under no circumstance should anyone temper with electric pole,” he said.

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here