ECOBANK ABANDONS BURNT STAFF IN HOSPITAL

0
103

A staff of Ecobank, James Daniel Okeme who was involved in a fire accident on January 1st has been abandoned by the bank.

According to gongnews, Okeme works with the Nyanya branch of the bank in Abuja, and has put five years into the service of the bank.

On the 1st of January 2014 while the world was busy thanking God for a New Year, Okeme’s house was gutted by fire.

It was said that his female guest (name withheld) was not so lucky. She was burnt beyond recognition. Okeme suffered third degree burns and got preliminary treatment at the Adonai Hospital, Mararaba-Abuja.

It was further gathered that Okeme subscribed to the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), and his employer was deducting money from his salary every month for it.

However, Okeme who was hoping the bank would come to his aide through the NHIS has found out that the scheme for which he registered for does not cover full treatment.

Sources said that the fire victim has been on his own since the incident with no support of any sort from the bank.

 

 

————————————————

Nigeria’s first online tabloid

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day of the week. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news, business, technology and sports.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here