An unmarried couple, Buraimo Sunday and his partner of five years simply identified as Bose have been burnt to death in their one room apartment at Ajegunle area of Lagos State alongside their unborn child.
The late live-in-lovers were said to be expecting a child together as Bose was pregnant and also right in the middle of organizing their wedding.
But the sad turn of event, which poured cold water on everything they hoped for occurred two weeks ago at Ojodu area of Ajegunle where they lived in a highly populated building with other tenants.
According to reports, they were in their room watching movies on the evening of the fateful day when a boy mistakenly kicked a keg filled petrol kept in the verandah the tenants shared. A cooking gas was said to be lighted when the keg’s content spilled on the floor leading to the house catching heavy fire with occupants scampering for safety.
However, Late Sunday and his partner could not make it out of the building and were burnt to death.