Chief Medical Director denies claim he killed 6 Ekiti doctors

0
5
OrijoReporter.com, 6 Ekiti doctors

The chief medical director of Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti, Ekiti State, Dr Majekodunmi Ayodele, has denied claim that he killed the six doctors and a driver who died in a ghastly auto accident on their way to Sokoto for the annual conference of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) on April 24, 2016.

A section of the Senior Staff Association of University Teaching Hospitals Ekiti State branch had in a protest accused Dr. Ayodele of complicity in the death of the six doctors.

“Sometimes last year, we lost four of our members. It is more worrisome that we learnt that all these are happening because so many diabolical things have been going on in the hospital.

“Also, we have been seeing so many concoctions and juju in the premises of the hospital and we know that this is no more ordinary.

“Our demand and that of our members who have elected us as their leaders is the immediate change of the Medical Director, Dr. Majekodunmi Ayodele,” the Publicity Secretary, the Senior Staff Association of University Teaching Hospitals, Mr. Tope Ogunleye had told journalists in an interview.

Responding to the allegation at weekend, the CMD, Dr. Ayodele denied having a hand in the death of the six doctors, adding that his accusers fell out with him owing to his zero tolerance against corruption and fraud.

He explained that he immediately left for Sokoto State after the news of the accident broke, and contacted his colleague in the state, Dr. Taiwo Lateef Sheikh to ensure that there were no casualties among survivors.

‘’Right now, I am mourning. I am still in shock because two of the deceased doctors were from my own hospital. They were my colleagues,” the CMD said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here